Thursday, March 27
It used to look a tad different. You know..intact, bright red, less airy. It's about a year old now and as you can tell has seen a fair share of love. There are actually 2 holes present but the way everything lays there you don't notice it unless you're using it. Which poses my potential issue. To repair it or not? When I first noticed the hole I made a mental note to do a quick whipstitch andbe done with it. It got washed, tossed in the drawer, and then we moved. Then I needed to use it. We hand wash dishes so the hole quickly became larger and then it became 2. What once was small enough to put the tip of my finger in (which is where the hole started...point of pressure) is now large enough to fit many finger in. Do I fix it and save my fingers the possible amputation during dishwashing, do I leave it be and feel content that this rag has served us well, or do I toss it? Aside from the random finger stub/stab it's totally functional. I have others. I'll have more. I like this one though. :)
Tuesday, March 25
Red egg: Donegal Tweed: Size 6's
Purple/Yellow egg: Personal handspun wool: Stuffed with remaining handspun wool: Size 8's
Orange egg: Personal handpsun wool: Size 3's
Mutlicolored large egg: Recycled wool (Kool Aid dyed): Size 8's
Purple (center) egg: Leftover wool: Size 3's
I ended up not doing the 6th one. I got irritated at the lack of egginess. The kids like them but only because they thought they were footballs. Wooly footballs.
Wednesday, March 19
Here's a recent Sheldon (from Knitty) done in Tatamy Tweed (leftover from the Monica tank top last summer). There are a few mods on this: shorter nose/head, legs are picked up stitches on the body and knit per directions, attachment panel is attached via whipstitching. I couldn't get the i-cord to work right so I gave up. I was tired of this thing. The eyes are once again acrylic just knotted up. This was done for the daughter of a client who was recently in the hospital for 5 days (20 months old) due to salmonella. The husband kindly offered up my knitting services BEFORE asking me. I must like knitting. :) Once again my shell seems out of proportion to the attachment panel. I thought it was just me the first time around but I know I have now followed direction to the t both times and had the same luck. Oh well.
Here are the MochiMochi land hearts I did for said husband for Valentine's Day. I used some leftover Manos from a pair of longies I did 2 November's ago (woah! that seems like a long time ago when i give it an actual time frame and not just picture the longies). I did these on size 8's if I remember right. He totally loves them. I had snuck them into his computer bag before he left for work that morning so when he got there he had a pleasant little surprise. They currently reside on his desk and he has forbidden me from moving them. He about died when I took them to a better spot in the office to get a picture and snatched them up, took the picture himself, sent it to my email, and promptly put them back on his desk. Like I was going to steal them. Because I do that all the time you know. Steal back gifted handknits.
My current sock. Note: SOCK. Singular. I was trying to be optimistic and when I posted this over on Ravelry I added into the comments section that I cast on the second sock that day. No way was SSS going to strike. Guess what? I haven't touched it since. So muchfor motivation. :) These are being done toe up over something like 58 stitches (I think). I really should start the second one soon because I am already beginning to forget what I did on it. I hope I noted everything on the ravelry page for them.
I have a pair of booties (Magic Slippers on Ravelry) currently going. It takes no yarn. I was worried I wouldn't have enough actually and then was surprised when my ball (that I had already split in half!) still had some left over. This wasn't a ball. This was a deer dropping and yet I still had too much! I got the first one done in something like 2 hours one morning (thank heavens my chitlins sleep in!) and then lost the desire to do the second one. I just crossed it off my to do list but haven't had the guts to take it off the needles. It's so simply I'll probably finish it. Just having it on that ever expanding list though makes it seem like a chore.
I whipped up 5 different Curly Purly eggs this morning/afternoon. They don't look like eggs. I have one more I want to do but overall not impressed. It's super easy and fast but I can't get them to look like eggs! I have done every possible yarn weight and needle size so far (that's a lie...two were done on 8's [one in a bulky weight and one in a worsted and the bulky is the most egg like], one on size 6's [the least egg like and done with a worsted], and two one some 3's [both worsted though on different ends of the spectrum]. I have done one in recycled wool (the bulky), one in a single (unwashed) ply personal hand spun, one in Donegal tweed, one in a 2-ply personal handspun, and one in the purple leftovers I have been trying to get rid of (this being the 4th time I've used it and it's finally gone!). I am going to do one in some sock yarn next but I don't have any hope. They all are such different yarns from each other that you'd think I'd have something more I like. Eh. At least the tot believes me when I say they are eggs. Pictures to come on that one. :)