So here is proof I knit. A couple fo's! First up is a Warm Heart Woolies wrap (these pics were taken pre-bath/lanolizing). This is a size small with extra rise (done for a neice). The yarn is some Cascade 220 (the solid blue) and some random wool. The funny thing about the random wool is it is stuff my sister bought (the sister who happens to have given birth to said neice) and dyed and then sold on ebay. It then wound up at my house many months later. It seems fitting it should go to her.
Next up is something that actually has been finished, packaged, mailed, and received for sometime now. It was part of a trade that took way too long (on my end). It's Robbie the Fish from Toys to Knit. And again, I hate this pattern. I wish toy patterns weren't so seaming heavy. This fish drives me nuts. I get it almost completely seamed, turn it inside out (because the seaming technique the author suggests doens't work well for me on this pattern), stuffed, and then when I go to close the rest of him up it turns out ugly and mangled. I hope the mama who got it wasn't horrified. I would have been. I did explain it a bit to her and I think she could see what I was talking about. It was nice and large (as were the othe two toys I sent).
I think I used 8's on this one. The yarn is recycled wool (way back from 2 years-ish ago!) that I kool-aid dyed myself. It's weird to me that up top it suddenly started pooling red. The other side has some pooling too. The yarn was my first ever try at dying and I have to admit I'm quite pleased it striped as well as it did. I had no plans when I was dying...I just threw color at the yarn and hoped it came out pretty. I really wish the seaming had turned out better. :( I think I just need to stop making this stupid fish! :)