Thursday, February 15

On vacation

Do not fret my pet, I am here and alive. I am simply on vacation so blogging will be rare for the next two weeks.

I finished the first Wyvern sock a day or so before we left (we've been here at "home" for 4 days about). I ended up needing to frog back on my bind off since it was still too tight. I had worn it to bed (no worries, I had clean feet!) in an attempt to stretch that part out but it didn't work. So I frogged back to the first round of cuff ribbing and increased four stitches hoping that would do the trick. That paired with the crochet bind off (single) helped but it's still too tight. I can fit it on my foot but her heel is about an inch larger. It needs to be stretchy. Not sure what else I can do without changing the shape/fit horribly through there so as of now it sits in the bottom of my bag. I do have pictures but will not be posting them here until both have been knit and sent and I know she has received them. I know, it's harsh but I have to maintain a surprise here.

I have been working on a doll (you know the one from Christmas? Yup, uh huh.) and am just about done. All I really packed for our trip was sock yarn so after that is all finished up it's on to socks. Well and some soakers. I did pack yarn for that.

1 comment:

Primal Mama said...

so when are you coming home?



gosh!



Make me all sad and stuff...


No one to go visit...


No one to text message...


sad and alone...


thats me...

:( :) :( :)