Friday, February 12

It's been knit: Gift edition: Socks and a doll




This is "Ragdoll" by Debbie Bliss (free pattern on Ravelry though it's also in Essential Knits for Kids: 20 Fesh, New Looks for Kids). This works up super fast! I was able to use up lots of little scraps with her. The purple (I know, hard to see) is some of my handspun. Pink is Paton's Merino, green is Cascade 220, body is Wool of the Andes, and panties/bottoms is more Cascade 200. Hair is leftover Swish Worsted from socks (posted below). Stuffed with wool.

These are Blueberry Waffles by Sandy Turner. I did these over 40 stitches on size 5 needles with a short row heel and 2x2 ribbing. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these socks and it was tough to send them to my sister.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love the Blueberry Waffle socks, too. I knitted mine on size 2 needles w/sock yarn & a CO of 64 sts.

http://luvsknitting.blogspot.com/2009/01/scoop-of-socks.html

What type of yarn did you use for your socks that had knitted for your sister on size 5 needles? They are lovely, aren't they & so comfortable?