Sunday, October 14

FO: Cropped lacey sweater

As I browsed Ravelry one day, passing the time, my oldest snuck up behind me and asked if I would make her something. We browsed kid related patterns and she picked a handful of sweaters. Her only requirement was they had to be Pink! That's an easy enough thing to pull off so I kept my eye out for the perfect yarn.

Pattern: Wonder Wave by Drops
Yarn: Red Heart Shimmer in Hot Pink
Size: 3/4



The yarn was perfect. The metallic thread makes it "fancy" and the pink is definitely Pink! I originally only bought one skein and almost got away with just that. I ran out with 5 rows left so the yardage is nice.

It IS a Drops pattern though so things were wrong. The first is the sizing. The intended kid an average 7 yr old girl. I made the 3/4t size though. They claim the smallest size has a 22" chest. Since I happen to have a 3 yr old in the home I measured her as well. The sizing is LARGE. I made no modifications and this fits my 7yr old beautifully. The pictures are unblocked even so there is plenty of growing room should you pick a yarn that needs it. The second issue is in the arm directions. As written, at least for the size I made, the arm patterns do not match up to the body pattern. I bound off for the arms in a different spot (just eyeballed it) after noticing that. It's not a difficult change but it is noticeable after a couple rows if you don't make the change.

No comments: