Friday, May 26

My check list

Just need to do a quick list where S can't grab a hold of it and eat it. She sure likes paper......mmmm...roughage! :)

* wool bath mat
* purse for C
* soaker tester for S by and MDCer
* afghan/blanket/throw
* branching out for MIL

That's just the knititng related stuff. I am branching out into other areas of craftiness I think. I can sew but just don't do it and I want to. lol So I think I am going to try sewing something more often.

I am so so tempted to yank my throw off the needles and put them on some bigger ones but I have got such a good start going that I am afraid too! I'm using some lovely boucle (sp?) I got a while back. It's tricky tricky stuff. The coloring is perfect though so that's why I insist.

I have had some awesome Freecycle scores lately. I got the rest of my needles and some yarn! Most of it was acrylic and surprisingly there was some really cute stuff amongst it. The purse for Miss C is out of a ball of fancy fur I got. I would never have bought this stuff since it doesn't appeal to me in the elast bit. But it was in the bag with everything else and it's not like I could sort through it and say yes or no to certain things. :) S had emptied out the bag, stashed the needles, and handed me every skein of yarn. When she got to that it dawned on me to make C something. C is my three year old neice and she LOVES pretty things like that. Hopefully her taste in pretty grows with her. lol

Not sure I am liking my interchangables. The cables are stiff. If I could find a softer, more flexible one I would love these needles but right now....well....I wouldn't be hurt if I packed them away for the time being. The other night I was looking up info on Magic Loop and saw a picture of a circ that looked perfect. It had a gold cable on it that reeked of flexiblity. I only noticed it cause the cable was gold. The next day the Freecycler drops off my goodies and sure enough! The one circ in the bag was that needle. I need to find out what brand it is. It's a dream to use. It just flows with the work. That's what I want with my Boye set. I guess I could google it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those needles are possible Addi Turbo needles like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Skacel-Addi-Turbo-Circulars-9-mm-US-13-32-length_W0QQitemZ8289224168QQcategoryZ11799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For alot of the online places the cables look white, but all of mine are gold colored. They're VERY slick and pricey. Ask about them at MDC or WWF, because I know there are people there who have ordered from ebay sellers overseas to get a better price.

~amey (knittingsheeple)