I finished up this LTK Earwarmer Cap for the husband last night. I'm quite pleased with it. I've had the pattern for awhile now but never got past the cast on. There was something about it that made me think it was far more difficult than it was. Maybe it was the short rows. Who knows? I did have to redo the top of it and I'm still not sure about it. I did it according to the pattern to the T. No questioning it at all. Even when I thought I was running out of yarn. When the husband tried it on this morning he had an odd little gnome style point going on. I frogged back and attempted to fix it. My decreases aren't lined up as a result (I think I only had to do three sets so nothing major) but I think it turned out pretty well. I tried it on myself and the point seems to have gone away. Though the wee one had it on earlier and I could see a slight one still. I even tried it on a ball (as another picture...not because I was worried or anything lol) and there is a slight bump. I'm hopin based off the wayhe wears hats it won't be there but if it is tough. I'm not redoing it again. I'll just sew in some darts or something to kind of anchor it down.
LTK Earwarmer Cap
Cascade Sassy Stripes yarn: doubled
Diamond texture (though you can't really tell in the picture)
The munchkin has claimed it as her own so I am thinking I need to whip her up one. It only took me about a day. Not being able to sleep until 3 in the morning helps fuel your knitting. :)