Apparently all I needed to get my ass in gear wass to view some of these fabulous blogs in the blogring. After looking at (more than once) a bunny on one I had to make the same thing. So without a pattern I decided to wing it and make my own. I had the right idea but oh lordy! lordy! did it not turn out the same. :) I was able to finish it up within a few hours. I used some yarn that I think is homespun or that icky baby crap everyone makes. Either way it was perfect. It is so freaking hideous my 11 month old has hidden it a few times already. Needless to say there won't be a picture gracing this blog of that sad little bunny. I have the pattern now and plan on making it the right way.
But that is not the cause of celebration in this post. Oh no. The celebration is for something far better and more glorious.
I mad emy first soaker! I used the Tiny Birds free soaker pattern and I am glad I finally bit the bullet on it. It was freaking easy and fast. My slowness was able to finish it in about a day and a half. I started it in the evening two days ago and finished it this evening. So that techinically puts it at two days but considering my daughter knew I wanted to knit and therefore demanded my undivided attention I need to factor that in. Take her out and I think it was about a day to a day and a half. I am so pleased with it. I knit super tight though and had to undo my cast off and redo it. So I ended up learning how to do a stretchy cast off. I think I'm in love with it now. :) I still need to add the leg cuffs although I am almost tempted to not do them. It is so cute without them (when it's on). When the munchkin is in bed and the soaker is off I shall take a picture of it. Due to some security issues I have had I cannot post pictures of her in it. If you would like to see it on just ask and I can shoot you the link for it (the picture has not been taken yet since there are no ruffles on it. Give me a few hours....or even tomorrow to get it done and then ask :) ).
I am so proud of myself. I can't wait to make more. So the details about it:
I used size 8 dpn's. I use dpn's for everything so that has no bearing on anything. hehehe. The pattern called for size 5's but I don't have any and I knit tight. I measured my final product and it's the same size that she list at the end of the pattern. Yes, I knit TIGHT.
I used some acrylic yarn. I wanted to try it out with something not so spendy as wool. It's holding up great on absorbancy.
I knit it in two days.
I did it in two colors: a dark brick red for the ribbing/waist and a multicolored for the body. The ruffles will also be the red.
So all in all I learned how to do ruffles, stretchy cast off, color change, and I used a pattern. I am so unbelievably proud of myself right now. :):):) I called my sister to brag and have already pulled out my next color combo. Pics to come!