Friday, April 28

Knitter's block

No, not as in blocking a knitted object.

I want to knit something but once I get my desire up for something it dissapears quick as can be. POOF! There are a few shirts I want to make for me but I don't have the right size needles so that put a damper on my knitting mood. I did find something (Iris from Knitty) but for some reason or other ended up not doing it. I have needles. I have yarn. I have no motivation. :(

That said, I am looking forward to getting some cotton yarn. I need to find it of course but I can't wait. I am making my SIL some washrags to be included in a basket for her wedding gift. I know I could have used things like that when we got married. Instead we have a candy dish and a serving spoon/fork set.

I haven't done anything else for S. I started a pair of shorties and was using the Tiny Birds longies pattern but it's going sooo ssssssllllllllooooowwwww. I am not liking this pattern at all. I wish I could find a pattern for size medium shorties on size 6 straights knit flat and in one piece. I've posted on Mothering to see if anyone knows of one but so far it's looking grim. The weather is perfect here and I would love to get S some shorts made up so she has something to wear now that it's warm. I have one pair I got from someone else but want more. Plus it'd be a good way to get rid of some of my acrylic. I would love to use it up and since it seems to work for soakers why not put it to good use?!

Blah. Anyone know of a pattern?

No comments: