Monday, September 11

It's official!

I just bought my very first drop spindle!!!!! If I could bottle my glee and throw it at this post so that you could feel it I would.

I had to hurry and pick one so I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to research but I think the one I got will work. It's actually a kit from a farm in New York. It comes with directions, a spindle ( bottom whorl), and 8 ounces of 100% wool roving. 3 natural colors and one dyed. Yeah. It's cool. To be honest I bought it mainly for the roving. That really did seal the deal for me. That and the man breathing down my neck since he needed the card. :)

http://www.nistockfarms.com/handspinning-spindle-kit.html

That's where I got mine from. I can't wait to get it. $32 total. I am so excited! I'm going to call my mom later and ask her to help me get all my fleece cleaned and washed. She'll like doing it (she's been begging for more), she'll be happy to spend time with me, and I won't have to pay out the ass to have someone else do it. :)

No comments: