Tuesday, August 22

Flashback to the 70's

Bust out the 70's baby!

I got to check off some things on my insanely long list of things to be knitted. Some I checked off because I doubt I will do them soon (like Tempting 1 and 2). I'm left with only things that are possible right now and most importantly managable. Don't get me wrong...it's still long. I counted 17 things today. AND some of those are in multiples...like washrags. I can't say how many cause I'm just going until I'm out of cotton. Ahhh......the unknown.

As I glanced over my list I felt inspired so I wanted to knit. I'm not in the mood to knit for me or my family right now though. It just doesn't seem as grand an idea as knitting for someone else. :)

I decided to get some of the covers I have on my list out of the way. I've been itching to do the WHW wrap pattern again and since I printed it off I have cast on a couple times. None of the yarn was THE yarn though. So I checked my list to see who needed one and decided to do J's. She likes the 70's yarn. Thank god.

I pulled it out and cast on. I forgot how SPLENDID this yarn is to knit with. Ugly yes. Soft...gloriously so. It's the perfect yarn for me right now. I'm not loving cotton right now as it's got no spring. I despise my squeaky acrylic. And the pink merino for S is soft but thin. I wanted something with substance but not as much as my Manos. This is right in between and feels like butter on my fingers.

I was almost through the 8 rows of twisted rib when I started to doubt it. I had a feeling something was off. My rows stitches weren't looking right. I noticed it on about rox four or five. I wasn't sure yet though since it wasn't far enough into the pattern to show anything. On the next row I had to refigure out what one I was on. I knew right then and there it was going to be redone. I figured it out and went to knitting and ended on a purl. I needed a knit stitch. I scooted it down my needle and saw that I was indeed right. I had messed it up. But the funny thing is I had only done it in a very small section. I had cast on 40 stitches. The first 25-30 were perfect. The next 5 or 6 were screwed up and then the rest were perfect. How I managed to do that I have no idea. I yanked it all off and re cast on. Thank god it wasn't a ton of work. I hate going back to a row and working from there. I hate frogging a large section more though so this worked out. I was on row 6. No biggie.

I finally went and checked out Lorna's Laces. Oh.My.Goodness!! That stuff is GORGEOUS! I need some and I need it now. :)

I posted on MDC to see about tiny circs for socks. Did you know they exist? They do. AND they aren't too hard on the wallet. I was expecting them to be pretty spendy since they might be considered a specialty...I would think so at least. Not at all. About the same as other pairs. http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlinegen/currgen/Clover/CloverPlasticMiniCircularNeedles.asp is the link someone gave me for them. I can't wait to get some. I think they will make sock knitting much easier for me. I'm sure there is a learning curve to them. I really want to try socks but I hate the Magic Loop and I feel to awkward with DPN's. I suppose I could try two circs but honestly why do more than need be?

No comments: